Recipes/Category of Recipe
Main Muscle Worked: Biceps
Support Muscles: If any
1) To start, heat a medium frying pan on medium heat and spray with cooking oil. Peel and chop the onion and add it to the pan.
2) After the onion has cooked for a few minutes, add the turkey mince to the pan and stir. Add the garlic powder, chili powder, salt and black pepper to the turkey and mix. Cook the turkey for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) While the turkey and onions are cooking preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Then drain and mash the beans in a bowl. Add some seasoning to the beans.
4) Cut the tortilla through the middle so you have two smaller ones.
5) Portion the beans and spread on to each tortilla.
6) Once the turkey mince and onion is cooked through potion out and place in the middle of each tortilla.
7) Roll the tortilla until closed. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper place the tortillas with the seam down and bake for about 10 minutes or until crisp.
8) While the taquitos are cooking, make the salsa. Wash and chop the tomato. Wash, peel, and chop the red onion. Mix the red onion and the tomato together adding some salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and fresh cilantro to taste.
9) Once the taquitos are finished cooking, serve on a plate with the homemade salsa and enjoy!