Get a bigger arm. The two muscle groups that are in your arms are the triceps and biceps brachii. Both muscles need to be trained if you want to have a big arm. The triceps is a bigger muscle than the biceps, it’s 70% a part of your arm. Of course that means that you will have to work on your triceps twice as hard, but to make your hand even bigger, you will need to work on your biceps HARD!
Biceps anatomy. The biceps brachii has two heads the inner and outer head. The name “biceps brachii” in latin means two-headed body muscle. This means that you will need to train both heads to get a bigger looking biceps.
How the biceps works. As you probably already know every muscle group has a different function. The triceps is a pushing muscle, as well as the legs, but the biceps has a pulling function. Take a look at a simple exercise like the “pull-ups”.
Five exercises to a bigger biceps. Lets finally take a look at my favorite five exercises that will help you achieve a bigger biceps. I was wondering about putting some compound exercises, but I decided on keeping it simple with the concentrated ones.
1. Standing barbell curl. Be sure you grab the barbell with a wide grip, remember the two heads of the biceps, well this exercise will allow you to train the inner biceps head. Be sure you are using heavy weights, but not too heavy, don’t use your whole body when lifting the barbell up and down. Be sure you are in a perfectly straight position, don’t arch your back.
2. Hammer grip curls. Grabbing the dumbbell like a “hammer” and lifting it with only your biceps is what we call the hammer grip curls. You can do them as you wish standing up or sitting down.
3. Concentrated biceps curls. Lets get down the REAL biceps mass gainers. This exercise concentrates ONLY on the biceps, hence the name. Take a close look at the picture, the position of your elbow is important, also get your back straight, don’t bow down!
4. Close grip pull-up. I know I said I was not going to give any compound exercises, but this one is really for developing a big biceps. This is probably the easiest exercise, you can perform it everywhere inside or outside of the gym. When you get more advanced you can add weights to make it harder.
5. Incline dumbbell curl. Last, but not least is the incline dumbbell curl. This exercise is hard to perform. Don’t go too heavy from the first time or second time, increase the weight slowly.
Five, I have covered five amazing exercises that will build you a big biceps. Try asking a friend or somebody from the gym to be your spotter, if you are a beginner.
Thank you for reading this post, if I have helped you with something please share this, it helps the blog grow.