Chocolate and Peanut Butter Protein Oatmeal
Recipes / Quick and Easy
Total Time: Servings:
- 6 oz (175g) chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g red kidney beans (canned)
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- ½ medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh basil
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Prepare ingredients: Slice the chicken breast lengthwise. Season the slices with salt and pepper and put on a plate.
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic. Drain the kidney beans, wash and slice the basil. Set the ingredients aside and keep them separate.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar in a small pot and place over a medium-high heat. Reduce the heat until the vinegar reaches the consistency of a syrup.
- On a separate pan, heat up the olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the onion to the pan. When the onion gets a slight brown golden color add the chicken slices and garlic to the pan. Let it sit for about 2-4 minutes. Lower the heat and let it cook for 10-15 minutes until the chicken gets a golden brown color on top. After that remove the chicken from the pan to a plate.
- Turn the heat back up to medium and add the cherry tomatoes and kidney beans. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken slices on a plate. Add the tomatoes and bean mixture. Drizzle the balsamic over the top and garnish with the freshly cut basil.